Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (“ADSIPL”) data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in India.
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We are looking for skilled AWS Support Engineer at Amazon Data Services India Private Limited (“ADSIPL”) with a passion for technology to help us expand AWS Cloud offerings to the next level.
Job Designation : AWS Support Engineer – Data Centre Linux & HW Engineer
Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree
Experience : Freshers / experienced
Skill Set :
- Solid Understanding of Linux/Unix Administration.
- Server Hardware Troubleshooting experience.
- Some Experience with Network Protocols: TCP/IP, Ethernet, L2/L3 technologies.
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware.
- Server Booting: POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, RAID.
- Network Hardware: Copper and Optical Fiber Cabling, Switches, Routers.
- Strong Communication Skills.
- This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20kg.
- It may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
- This role involves covering 24×7 shift rotation.
Job Description :
A Data Centre Operations Tech at ADSIPL may be the primary point of contact for both internal customers (for example: Network Engineers, Systems Engineers, Software Developers, Database Engineers, Technical Operations) and external customers (Hardware Vendors, Contractors, Service Providers among others).
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges.
- Problem Solving: Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing and resolving trouble tickets efficiently, these include:
– Escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Systems and Network hardware problems.
– Deep diving into Linux server issues.
– XEN service virtualization troubleshooting.
- Technical: Troubleshoot technical issues on various platforms ranging from Systems through Networking to Power/Mechanical
– Remediation of physical layer outages, both Systems & Network.
– Remediation or recovery of physical power issues on racks.
– Participate in Data Center power & cooling events.
- Operations: Meet 24×7 On-Call requirements and response during shift rotations.
– Install & configure racks of hosts in line with internal SLAs.
– Triage & resolve trouble tickets for all devices in your region.
– Data Center point of contact for all High Severity issues.
– Physical replacement of server and network device parts.
– Ensure correct rotation of parts & spares.
– Help define metrics to increase our customer uptime.
– Enforcing Security Best Practices at ADSIPL.
– Interact with third party vendors & contractors.
– Contribute ideas to improve operational efficiency.
- Project Management:
– Participate in and deliver on a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects.
– Participate in internal team meetings at ADSIPL for metric analysis and project status updates.
– Help build the world’s largest Cloud infrastructure in India.
- Mentoring: Share knowledge and help educate less technical staff on the best practices related to all break fix issues.
- Hiring: Contribute towards building a great team by getting involved in the ADSIPL’s hiring process/candidate interviews.
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. ADSIPL’s data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in India.
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana, India