Ingram Micro is a leading technology distributor, providing innovative supply chain solutions to businesses worldwide. Our mission is to connect technology with business success, offering a wide range of services and solutions to help our partners thrive in the ever-evolving IT landscape.
Ingram Micro is hiring a talented Software Development Engineer to join software development team.
Job Designation : Software Development Engineer
Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree
Experience : Freshers / experienced
Skill Set :
- Sound knowledge in programming languages C/C++, Oracle DDL/PL/SQL,Cobol ( Desirable).
- Proficient knowledge in MS Visual Studio and MS Office Suite.
- Experience in COBOL, Oracle and UNIX/Linux.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and testing.
- Strong problem-solving and debugging skills.
- Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
Job Description :
The candidate writes new programs, as well as maintains and modifies existing applications programs. He/she must also document and execute test plans according to the requirement. The candidate will also responsible for creating solutions for issues identified in the course of testing and following the Ingram Micro chosen applications development standards and methodologies. The candidate works primarily on an independent basis within the guidelines given for delivery of technical work assignments.
- Must be able to analyze the design and translate it into code.
- Must be able to create and execute detailed test plans that cover the critical scenarios that must be unit tested for the requirement.
- Must be able to escalate issues or gaps in the design, and must be able to coordinate with other teams as needed. For example, the candidate must be able to make a REQ to the DBA team for DB object creation, and must also be able to coordinate with onshore counterparts for approval.
- The candidate must also be able to do bug fixing on the builds he/she performed; he/she must be able to investigate and determine the root cause of the issue, as well as provide fixes to those issues.
- The candidate must also request re-migrations to QA/Prod environments to deploy the fix.
Shifts are generally fixed with weekends as off-days although members may be asked to report to work at night and/or during weekends and/or holidays should business deliverables require such.
With us, you’ll make technology happen in surprising ways. It’ll be a fun journey!
location : Pune, India