Porter is a tech-enabled logistics company offering a variety of intracity and intercity delivery services.
Job Designation : Software Development Engineer II
Qualification : Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree
Experience : Freshers
Skill Set :
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Good knowledge of programming languages like Java, python, node.js, html, css etc.
- Good debugging and problem solving skills.
- A passion for innovation, learning new technologies and concepts.
- You will be expected to design, develop and maintain large-scale complex backend web applications.
- You will be expected to rapidly learn and apply relevant new technologies.
- You will be having a high level of interaction with business and product stakeholders.
- You will be working on the entire web application stack, which includes:
- Web server hosting
- RESTful communication
- Message brokering
- Backend application layer, which includes the service and domain layers
- Data layer for persistence or caching
- You will be participating in an agile software development cycle, which includes:
- Code Review
- Unit and Integration Testing
- As a senior developer, you will be expected to contribute to design, code review, refactoring, and project management.
- You will be exposed to the following technologies:
- Web application frameworks: Ruby on Rails, Node.js, Java Play, Vert.x, AIOHTTP, AWS Lambda
- Data stores: PostgreSQL, Aerospike, Redis, Amazon Redshift
- Communication: HTTP, Amazon SQS, Sidekiq, Amazon SNS
- Server Management: Amazon ECS, Docker
- Growth: You’ll build tools to help boost user growth on the platform including our industry best driver on-boarding, training and certification system, referral system, and lead management models.
- Lifecycle Management: Build tools to help users engage with the platform better, which includes rewards and recognition module, subscription service, account management tools, partner and customer wallets and payout modules, and churn detection systems among others.
- Transaction Experience: You’ll help deliver the most delightful booking experience to our customers and drivers. As part of this team, you’ll be responsible for our core booking system, pricing and payment systems, location tracking and filtering services, fraud prevention systems, and in-app ticketing and support among others.
- Fulfilment: As part of the fulfilment team, you’ll work on systems which ensure high degree of ride fulfilment on the platform. Tools including allocation methodologies and system, dynamic pricing, dynamic partner routing, and partner re-activation tools among others.
- Enterprise Solutions: You’ll help Porter’s enterprise customers achieve delivery excellence. You’ll build tools for contract management, fleet management, fleet and route optimization tools, alerting and monitoring tools, and analytics suite among others.
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka, India